Mill House Clinic Associates (Multiple Student Intern Positions)
The Mill House Clinic is looking for its next group of Associates deliver projects to Social Enterprise and Indigenous-led businesses based in Canberra.
Students deliver our projects with intensive briefing and theory, support and supervision of Mill House Ventures staff and our professional volunteer mentors from local business, legal, financial firms. Most of the project work is done in the Social Enterprise Hub at UC. Undertaking MILL HOUSE projects will develop and enhance your entrepreneurship skills for the future.
We are now recruiting for Winter Term and Semester 2, 2019.
The preferred student pathway is via Semester 2 enrolment in Unit Social Enterprise 11379 and Strategy, Innovation & Change PG 11506 which equips you with essential social enterprise theory in an intensive mode as well as the 40-hour internship placement in Mill House Clinic. However, if you are interested in the opportunity for Winter Term or cannot enrol in this Unit, please talk to us about other options at our information session detailed below.
Our Associates embark on an impactful journey to solve business challenges such as rebranding, ethical sourcing, research, event management, social media strategy, IP protection, business plans, strategic plans, SWOT analysis and more. The types of businesses that we support are very diverse, so we need Associates from all UC Faculties, including Health, Chemistry, Education, Art & Design and Community Development.
For Winter Term or Semester 2 BGL students participating in an internship you must be enrolled in 11167 Business & Management Internship (Level A) to ensure you are doing an internship for course credit and are covered by UC insurance. If you have any questions about this unit please contact Gregory.Boland@Canberra.edu.au. Other internship units are available for specific disciplines such as Law.
For Winter Term or Semester 2 FAD students, participating in an internship you must be enrolled in 11017 Professional Practice 1 or 11018 Professional Practice 2, to ensure you are doing an internship for course credit and are covered by UC insurance. If you have any questions about unit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about this wonderful opportunity come along to our information session on Wednesday, 24th July from 12:30 – 1:30 at The Mill House Clinic (across from Mizzuna’s café at UC). Can’t make it? Not a problem! Contact us on email@example.com or drop in during business hours at the Social Enterprise Hub.
Do you want to advance your career and be a part of an active and vibrant community? The Mill House Clinic is currently looking for qualified individuals who are applicable to fill the marketing and communication mentorship role during semester 2 at the University of Canberra. We are looking for individuals who can work collaboratively with University students and social entrepreneurs who may have little or no commercial experience.
- Mentors will provide clarity and mentorship to third and final year students at the University of Canberra.
- Assist in providing guidance to students at the University of Canberra in the delivery of work to social and Indigenous business.
- Required to provide student supervision in our clinic.
- Commit 1-2 contact hours a fortnight.
- Mentors need to be passionate about the marketing and communications industry.
- Need multiple years of experience (current or prior) within the marketing and communications industry in a commercial environment.
- Mentors need to have built a sufficient network and possess a key understanding of the drivers within the industry.
- Mentors need to understand what the major barriers are to help assess the viability of the student’s idea.
- Competent and eager to work with University students.
- Being a part of an active and vibrant community.
- Assist students to produce valid and credible work which can positively impact a business.
- Build and create new connections within your network.
To express your interest or to find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Volunteer Mentor” in the subject line.