The Mill House Clinic is looking for its next group of Associates to deliver projects to Social Enterprise and Indigenous-led businesses based in Canberra.
About you: Undergraduate and Graduate University of Canberra students enrolled in WIL units across various disciplines.
About Us: The Mill House Ventures Limited (TMHVL) is the Canberra Region intermediary and advocate of Social Enterprise. We support ventures that trade for purpose achieve sustainability and a viable model with measurable impact across social, economic, environmental and economic outcomes. The Mill House Clinic is TMHVL pro-bono small-business and not-for-profit consultancy. Exclusively servicing social enterprises and Indigenous businesses, the Clinic delivers multiple professional services to support local social and Indigenous entrepreneurs.
Every semester, we work with University of Canberra students to deliver multidisciplinary strategic projects to our clients. Our internship positions are suitable for highly motivated and independent students looking for project-based consultancy work experience.
Our internships are delivered online, in a content rich virtual platform.
How to Apply: The Clinic requires you to apply online via our website. We have two intakes per year; however, please enquire if you require a Winter term or Summer term placement.
The application form includes preliminary interview questions to determine your suitability for our program. We also interview suitable applicants to assess suitability and assist in matching you to suitable projects and clients.
- Resume with maximum two referees (1 professional and 1 personal)
- UC Internship Unit or Project-based Unit Enrolment
- No prior work experience is required – we recruit students based on their skills and potential
- Minimum 2nd-year Undergraduate study level
After reviewing your application (which happens by a real person), if your profile fulfils our minimum requirements, we will schedule a phone interview with you. This will give you an opportunity to learn more about Mill House and ask relevant questions about the internship.
You will always hear from us about the outcome of your application. We give you a few days to think about our offer before we request you accept. Please enquire if you are interested by emailing the Clinic Business Development Manager.
Do you want to be part of a Social Innovation to support trading for purpose? We have an active and vibrant community of Social Entrepreneurs and we would love you to join us.
The Mill House Ventures Limited is currently looking for qualified individuals who are applicable to fill mentorship roles for a variety of mentees.
We are looking for individuals who can work collaboratively with:
- University students
- Social Entrepreneurs who may have little or no commercial experience
- Mentors will provide clarity and mentorship to third and final year students at the University of Canberra
- Assist in providing guidance to students at the University of Canberra in the delivery of work to social and Indigenous businesses
- Required to advise on project planning and consultancy best practice to our Associates
- Support Associates to engage respectfully and professionally with Mill House Venture clients
- Commit up to 1-2 contact hours a fortnight
- Mentors will provide clarity and mentorship to approved Venture teams (up to 2 people per team)
- Assist in providing guidance to Venture founders as they progress through the GRIST program
- Required to advise on business model development, market testing and entrepreneurial skills development
- Commit up to 10 hours of mentoring over a 6 months program
A Mill House Ventures mentor is a passionate advocate for Social Enterprise and trading for purpose. You have empathy and a commitment to engage in the Social Innovation ecosystem and sympathy for trading for purpose.
Mentors need to have built a sufficient network and possess a key understanding of the drivers within the industry.
A Mill House Mentor also engages their network to support and advocate for the Social Enterprise Asset Class and is eager to work towards structural change across social, economic, cultural and environmental disadvantage.
- Recognition for your commitment to enhance the Social Innovation and Trading For Purpose ecosystem
- Support an emerging entrepreneur, student and venture to find traction and make a difference
- Build and create new connections within your network
To express interest and join our team, please reach out and book a consultation with either the clinic or the accelerator team: