What is the Mill House Accelerator?
The Mill House Accelerator is the Mill House Ventures flagship program for Social Entrepreneurs, Change Makers, Impact Practitioners, Community Developers and people just like you who want:
– a better way of doing business,
– want to build sustainable change, and,
– are looking for a way to ensure the impact is long-lasting and meaningful.
We have three events designed to support you through a year of learning, business development, innovation and strategic growth:
– So, You want to be a Social Entrepreneur is a seminar and workshop Introduction to Social Enterprise
– Catalyse is a world cafe style event where Social Entrepreneurs can pitch their early stage ideas to Mentors, Impact Investors, Industry Professionals and supportive stakeholders and receive immediate feedback on their trading model.
– GRIST is the culminating program in the Accelerator designed to help you iterate and build a sustainable business model ready for scale. You will learn about social enterprise, as it operates in Australia, gain clarity on your market and options for viable products and services AND meet amazing changemakers and people who want to make businesses with purpose.
It could be a Not-For-Profit or For-Profit venture, hybrid business, a brand new idea or an existing business ready to explore a new way of trading for purpose
* If you are not sure, we have FREE initial consultations so you can spend an hour with one of our team to ask questions, find out more and get some expert feedback on what we can do to help
What is GRIST?
The Mill House Social Enterprise Accelerator Program (GRIST) is a 5 – month social venture builder for individuals and teams who seek to use a hybrid business model to achieve social, cultural economic or environmental impact.
For 2020, our program is based on the highly successful CRUNCH Accelerator from Social Traders.
GRIST focuses on building business skills and networks that will enable social enterprises to develop a commercially viable business that will sustain long-term social impact.
Our support is designed to ‘accelerate’ the development of social ventures by validating their business model and preparing them to access capital and customers. Social Enterprises that have participated in GRIST are very diverse and represent both not-forprofit and for-profit social ventures.
The types of ventures we have seen in previous GRIST programs include ventures that provide training and employment for individuals excluded from mainstream economic participation, such as people with intellectual disabilities, experience episodic mental health conditions or that have been incarcerated.
Other Mill House Alumni are iterating impact models in areas such as adolescent mental health and wellness, Indigenous advancement, problem drinking, health, housing, gender inequity and food security.